Green Tomato Cake with Browned Butter Icing
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups diced green tomatoes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Browned Butter Icing
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Cake: Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Gradually
add to butter mixture, beating well. (Batter will be soft.) Stir in tomatoes,
raisins and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely.
- Spoon Browned Butter Icing over cake.
- Browned Butter Icing: In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until
butter is lightly browned. Whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
Recipe used with permission from Paula Deen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes