Hawaiian Dream Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 10 large marshmallows, quartered, or 40 miniature marshmallows
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add marshmallows,
pineapple and cherries.
- In a cold bowl with cold beaters, whip cream to stiff peaks,
then fold in sour cream. Fold half the cream mixture into the fruit mixture. Chill
remaining cream for decoration later.
- Split ladyfingers lengthwise into halves, then halve them crosswise. Stand ladyfinger
halves around sides of pan, rounded sides out, rounded tips up. Trim cut ends of
remaining ladyfingers to a V-shape so that ladyfingers look like flower petals.
Arrange "petals" like a daisy in the bottom of the pan, flat sides up,
making sure the ladyfingers are flush with those around the sides. Cut a circle
from ladyfinger scrap or use pieces as needed to fill in center and gaps.
- Fill springform pan with fruit mixture. Cover with remaining whipped cream mixture,
smoothing to edge. You can also use a tube pan or other mold without wax paper.
chill at least 6 hours, or wrap well and freeze.
- To serve, run a thin knife around ladyfingers to loosen any stuck areas. Remove
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes