Heavenly Cream Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup milk (not skim)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) prepared angel food cake
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) snack-size vanilla pudding containers
- In a saucepan, heat margarine, milk, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and stir
briskly with a wire whisk until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat
and stir in the confectioners' sugar. Stir with a wire whisk for about one minute,
until the sauce is fairly smooth. Place the cake on a cake plate that has a cover.
With a long, sharp serrated knife, slice the cake into 3 equal horizontal layers.
Gently remove the top 2 layers and set aside.
- Spread 1 2/3 containers of pudding on the bottom layer (over the section where
it was cut) to form a filling. Top with the second cake layer and spread on the
remaining pudding. Top with the remaining layer. Pour the chocolate sauce in a thin
stream directly on top of the cake. Allow the sauce to run down the sides, covering
the cake almost entirely. There will be quite a bit of sauce on the plate. Cover
and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, cut into slices with a sharp, serrated knife, using a sawing motion.
Serve extra sauce from the plate along with the slices, if desired.
- Serve at once.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes