Incredible Banana Split Cake
Perfect for a holiday brunch, this moist tender cake combines bananas, pineapple pieces, strawberries and Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels together to make a simple but elegant cake.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease
and lightly flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice and buttermilk in small bowl.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition
just until combined.
- Stir in morsels and 1/4 cup of the walnuts.
- Gently fold in drained pineapple tidbits, strawberries and banana.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- For Chocolate Glaze: Heat Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, utter and light corn syrup in small saucepan
over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Use immediately.
Servings: 12 to 16 servings | Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 1 hr
Michelle A. Sheppard of Nashua, NH developed this recipe.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com