- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 cup black walnut pieces (or other nuts)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups flake coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs. Beat until creamy.
- Mix flour and baking soda. Add to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk, jam
and allspice. Mix well. Stir in black walnuts, raisins and coconut.
- Pour into lightly greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Cool for 15 minutes in pan.
- Loosen cake and invert onto cooling rack.
Serves 12 to 16.
Posted by Tweetycook at Recipe Goldmine June 3, 2001.