- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 small box Jell-O (flavor desired)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- In a mixing bowl sift 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, flour, baking powder and gelatin
- In another bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil and lemon extract.
- Beat the liquids into the dry ingredients until batter is smooth. Beat egg yolks
in one at a time into the batter.
- Whip egg whites until stiff, but not dry, with
1/4 cup of sugar. Fold the egg whites lightly but thoroughly into the batter.
- Grease a Bundt pan with vegetable shortening and dust with flour.
- Spoon batter
into pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes until cake springs back
to the touch.
- Turn out immediately onto a wire rack.
- Glaze with your favorite glaze.