Jelly Bean Confetti Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup miniature jelly beans, cut in half (no licorice)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup soft butter or margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan
or angel cake pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup. Level off.
- In a small bowl, toss jelly
beans with 2 tablespoons of the flour. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract until well
blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add remaining
flour, baking powder and salt. Blend well. Spoon 1 cup of batter evenly over bottom
of prepared pan. Stir jelly beans into remaining batter; spoon into baking pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes
- Cool upright in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving place.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.