Lemon Drizzle Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 eggs
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Juice 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with wax paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then add the eggs,
one at a time, slowly mixing through.
- Sift in the flour, then add the lemon zest
and mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, and level
the top with a spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a thin skewer inserted into the
center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling in its pan, mix together the lemon juice and confectioners'
sugar to make the drizzle. Poke the warm cake all over with a skewer or fork, then
pour over the drizzle - the juice will sink in and the sugar will form a lovely,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes