Maraschino Cherry Cake
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, cut up, with juice
- 3 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 1/4 pound walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour cherry juice into cup and fill with milk to measure 1 cup.
- Sift 1/4 cup flour over cherries and nuts.
- Cream butter and sugar well, adding yolks one at a time, beating well.
- Add cherries and nuts.
- Sift baking powder, baking soda and 3 cups flour and add alternately with liquid
to butter mixture.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Bake in greased and floured 9-inch fluted tube form for one hour.