Nutty Pretzel Bundt Cake
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups very finely crushed pretzels (blenderize)
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil well and lightly flour a Bundt pan.
- Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Beat in milk.
- Fold in pretzels, along with flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Blend thoroughly.
- Add raisins and chopped nuts gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out and complete cooling.
- Combine confectioners' sugar with lemon juice until well blended. Drizzle over
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes