Orange Almond Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: Mix flour, baking powder, soda, salt cinnamon and cloves.
- In second bowl, beat eggs, whisk in oil, sugar, juice, extract and zucchini.
Mix well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just to moisten.
- Pour into greased pan
or pans (see below).
- Bake as per pan guidelines below.
- Your choice of:
one heavily greased tube pan - bake 55-60 minutes: cool on rack 10 minutes, then
invert on rack and cool thoroughly.
one 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan - bake 35-40 minutes.
two 9-inch square pans - bake about 35 minutes
two 8 x 4 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans - bake about 45 minutes
24 cupcakes - bake 20-25 minutes
- Glaze with Orange Icing (it should be fairly thin) when cool.
- Orange Icing: In small bowl beat together butter, confectioners' sugar, orange juice and
lemon juice until well blended.
- If you want to wrap the finished cake, loaves or
cupcakes, sprinkle with chopped nuts after icing to keep it from sticking.