Orange Slice Cake with Orange Drizzle
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound orange slice candy, cut up
- 8 ounces pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Combine candy, dates, nuts and coconut with 1/2 cup of flour mixture.
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda. Add alternately with flour. Add candy mixture,
mixing well. Turn into prepared tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Pour Orange Drizzle over hot cake.
- Orange Drizzle: Combine 1 cup orange juice and 2 cups confectioners' sugar.
Pour over hot cake. Cool.
- Let stand in refrigerator overnight before removing from pan.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes