Peach Bundt Cake with Peach Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh peach puree (made by crushing peeled peaches with potato masher or in blender)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons orange extract (to taste)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add peach puree and
dry ingredients alternately to egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Add
vanilla and nuts. Mix until it is blended.
- Spoon batter into a well greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Invert pan on serving plate. Let stand until cool.
- Remove cake from pan, tapping bottom and sides if necessary.
- Serve with Peach Sauce.
- Peach Sauce: Add peaches and water. Cook over low heat, stirring until thickened.
Add butter and flavoring.
- Serve warm over Peach Bundt Cake or ice cream.
Cake will stay moist, covered for several days in refrigerator. It also
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes