Poppy Butter Bundt Cake
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Grated rind and juice of one lemon
- 1 cup Love’n Bake® Poppy Seed Filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan. Set
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending
well and scraping the bowl after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir
flour into the butter mixture alternating with sour cream in three additions.
Scrape the bowl between each addition. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Reserve
1/2 cup of batter. Pour the remaining batter into the greased pan and level
it with a spatula.
- Combine the reserved batter with the Love’n Bake® Poppy Seed Filling and
vanilla extract. Drop tablespoonsful of the poppy mixture on the surface of
the batter in the pan then use a knife to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 45
to 50 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Yield: one 10-inch cake
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Love'-N-Bake® - ingredients from American Almond Products
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes