Porcupine Icebox Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 6 tablespoons sherry
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1/4 pound almonds, blanched and sliced
- Have butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Cream butter, add yolks one at a time, and stir well.
- Add sugar, half of the coffee and all the sherry, stirring constantly.
- With some of this coffee mixture cover a 10 x 4-inch space on a serving platter.
- Over this place split ladyfingers moistened with a few additional drops of sherry.
- Cover with coffee mixture, then a layer of ladyfingers moistened with additional
- Alternate layers until all ladyfingers have been placed.
- Cover entire
cake with remaining coffee mixture and insert sliced and roasted almonds upright
into top and sides.
- Chill for 12 to 24 hours.