Pork 'n' Beans Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can drained pork 'n' beans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins (optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans or five
16 ounce cans.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs and beans until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Add
to bean mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in raisins and vanilla extract.
Divide batter into prepared loaf pans or fill cans two-thirds full with batter.
- Place cans or pans on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester
inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks
before removing bread from pans or cans.