Praline Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
Love filled Bundt cakes? A special pan creates the tunnel while baking so the cake is ready to fill when cool. It’s easy!
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease shaped Bundt pan and Bundt
Tunnel Insert with shortening and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray
with flour. Line 6 regular-sized muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on
low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Place 4 cups batter in Bundt pan. Place tunnel insert on center of Bundt
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with remaining batter.
- Bake cake for 35 to 40 minutes and cupcakes 18 to 20 minutes.
- Using sharp or serrated knife, immediately cut off excess cake across top
of Bundt and tunnel insert pans. Carefully loosen insert pan; remove.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack, placing
cake tunnel side down.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Turn cake over and spoon softened cream cheese into tunnel.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cream cheese; swirl with knife.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until filling is set.
- Place cake filled side down on serving plate.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook brown sugar, corn syrup and whipping cream over
low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved.
- Serve warm glaze over cake.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 16 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Be sure to cook the glaze over low heat to dissolve the sugar. Cooking over a
higher heat will cause the glaze to thicken too much.
Try 1/2 cup chopped pecans in place of the toffee bits.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 200); Total
Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 370mg; Total
Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 37g); Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Bundt is a registered trademark of Northland Aluminum Products, Inc., Minneapolis,
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes