Raspberry Chocolate Fudge Red Velvet Cake
Make this in a 9-inch two-layer heart cake baking pan for Valentine's Day!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup creme de cocoa or raspberry liqueur or brandy
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 4 jumbo or extra large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- Vanilla buttercream frosting, old-fashioned 7-minute icing or chocolate fudge frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan or wax
paper-line two greased 9-inch heart-shape layer pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, creme de cocoa or raspberry
liqueur or brandy, and oil; add eggs and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer
for 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Fold in pecans. Spoon into
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (heart-shaped layer pans) or 45 minutes
(tube or Bundt pan), or until a cake tester inserted into the cake layers or cake
comes out clean.
- Let cake or cake layers cool for 10 minutes in pan(s), top side up for tube cake
and upside down for Bundt cake.
- Turn out onto wire rack(s) to finish cooling.
For heart-shaped cake, arrange one layer on a cake serving plate. Evenly spread
raspberry jam over cake layer. Top with second layer. Evenly spread top and sides
with frosting of choice.
For tube or Bundt cake, spread frosting of choice over top and sides of cake.
Sprinkle decorative confectioners' red sugar over cake as desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes