Raspberry Cream Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 1/3 cup Lighter Bake
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light (low fat) sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam or preserves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan or
9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and margarine with electric mixer
on low speed until blended. Add Lighter Bake, eggs and almond extract; beat until
smooth. Combine flour and baking powder; beat into batter just until blended. Spread
batter evenly in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- In small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lemon juice;
whisk until smooth. Spread evenly over cake to within 1/4 inch of edge. If desired,
sprinkle almonds around edge of cream. Return to oven for 5 minutes, until topping
is set. Place on wire rack to cool. Stir jam until smooth and spread over top of
- Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes