Raspberry Swirl Cake
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup raspberry or raspberry-currant jelly
- Red food coloring
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, rum or almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube pan or Bundt
- Cake: In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed
mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add vanilla.
- In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold by
hand into batter.
- In small saucepan or in microwave, heat jelly until melted; cool slightly. Remove
1 cup of batter from bowl and stir in jelly. Mix well. Add food coloring, enough
to give desired pink color. Pour white batter into prepared pan. Pour jelly batter
on top. With spoon, swirl raspberry mixture into cake.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool upright in pan on wire rack for
1 hour, then invert onto plate and cool completely.
- Basic Glaze: In bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, blending
until smooth and of desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cooled cake with Basic Glaze; let glaze set before serving.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings; about 1 cup Basic Glaze
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes