Ricotta Bundt Cake with Browned Butter Glaze
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, stirred before measuring
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
Browned Butter Glaze
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 3 to 5 tablespoons whole milk or half-and-half
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan or spray
with baking spray with flour.
- Cake: Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter and ricotta cheese
with 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until light. Beat in egg
yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
Stir in the flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the beaten whites into the batter
until well incorporated. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and
15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly
touched with a finger.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Glaze with the Browned Butter Glaze or dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Browned Butter Glaze: Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
just golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Be sure to remove it from the heat as
it turns golden, because it can darken very quickly. Pour the butter into a bowl,
leaving most of the sediment in the pan. Sift confectioners' sugar into the
bowl and add 3 tablespoons of milk. Stir until smooth. Add more milk as needed to
make the glaze thin enough to spoon over the cooled cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes