Shaker Cider Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup cider
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Work butter and
sugar together as thoroughly as possible (mixture is never really smooth) and beat
in the eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture and cider, alternating them, beginning and ending
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1
hour or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- To serve, cut into thin slices.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes