Sour Cream Banana Cake
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until
well blended. Stir in vanilla extract and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to
banana mixture alternately with sour cream. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or tests done with a wooden pick. Cool, then dust with confectioners'
sugar or drizzle with Cream Cheese Drizzle.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light
- Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.