Sour Cream Lemon Cake
A glazed lemon cake, made with fresh lemon and sour cream.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously butter and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Into a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with hand-held electric mixer, cream 1 cup butter and granulated
sugar; beat at high speed until mixture is very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down
side of bowl frequently. Blend in lemon zest. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture
alternately with sour cream, adding each in 3 additions. Scrape sides of bowl frequently.
Pour batter into prepared cake pan; bake or 55 to 65 minutes,
or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted near the center of cake comes out
clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon glaze ingredients in a bowl, blending until smooth.
Carefully turn cake out onto a platter; drizzle evenly with glaze.
Serves 12 or more, depending on size of servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes