Strawberry Cream Cheese Tunnel Cake
This cake is perfect for hot weather. It's so light and refreshing. I make
it all summer long and my family and friends love it. Its always asked for by friends
at potlucks and gatherings.
- 1 (10-inch) prepared round angel food cake
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup real lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- Additional fresh strawberries for garnish
- Invert cake onto serving plate. Cut 1 inch slice crosswise from top of cake;
set aside. With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch
from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1 inch thick. Remove cake from center, leaving
1 inch thick base on bottom of cake. Reserve cake pieces.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened
condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, extract and food coloring if desired.
Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries. Fold in 1 cup whipped
topping. Fill cavity of cake with strawberry mixture; replace top slice of cake.
Chill 2 hours or till set.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping; garnish strawberries if desired.
Yield: one 10-inch cake
Footsie Note: Since I don't particularly care for strawberries, I'd substitute
raspberries or blackberries instead.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes