Toffee Treasure Cake
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 to 5 Heath bars, smashed into bits
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (for crumble)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the candy bars in a large zip-close bag, seal, then use a rolling pin to
smash the candy bars into small, bite-size pieces. Add the nuts to the bag, shake
to mix, and set aside.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9- to 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Add the
butter and, using an electric mixer or a spoon, mix well to incorporate. Add the
sugar, eggs and sour cream; blend well.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter for the crumb and set aside.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon
sugar and half of the candy mixture. Top with the remaining batter, then sprinkle
with the remaining cinnamon-sugar and candy mixtures. Top with the melted butter.
- Bake the cake on the middle shelf of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a
wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan, then use a flat knife or flat spatula
to gently loosen it from the pan. Remove and place on a serving plate.
Yield: 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes