Tomato Soup Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Blend shortening and sugar.
- Mix tomato soup and baking soda together. Add to
- Sift dry ingredients and add to first mixture. Stir in
raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and lightly floured loaf pan and bake at 350
degrees F for 1 hour.
- Frost when cake is cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes