Walnut Cake with Coffee Syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup honey, plus more for garnish, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup shelled walnuts, toasted and ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup strong fresh coffee
- Vanilla yogurt for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease sides and bottom of a springform pan. Line
base with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks, 1/2 cup honey and 1/4 cup sugar until pale
- In a separate bowl, combine walnuts, flour, baking powder and cinnamon;
stir into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff, stir 1 tablespoon into batter;
fold in remaining whites until evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan; bake 30
minutes or until cake has risen and shrunk slightly from the sides of the tin.
- Meanwhile, heat coffee in a small pan with remaining 1/2 cup sugar, stirring
until sugar has dissolved. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until syrupy.
- Cool cake for about
5 minutes; transfer to a large plate. Spike all over with a skewer; drizzle with
syrup. Cool completely; serve in wedges garnished with yogurt and drizzled with
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 8/22/2001 1:38 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes