Watermelon Rind Preserves Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup watermelon rind preserves
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix flour, baking soda and spices in a one-quart bowl. Add flour mixture alternately
with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Fold in vanilla extract, preserves and nuts.
Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
Yield: 24 slices
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bundt, Tube and Loaf Cake Recipes