Cherry-Nut Coffee Can Cakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package soft cream cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup drained, chopped, maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Add baking powder and flour; mix well.
- Stir in cherries and nuts.
- Grease well 2 (16 ounce) or 3 (11-13 ounce) METAL coffee cans.
- Pour cake batter equally into prepared cans.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool thoroughly before removing from can.
- Glaze if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.