Date Coffee Can Cakes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound chopped dates or raisins
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- Combine boiling water, butter, soda and dates or raisins. Let stand for
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease and flour 4 (1 pound) METAL coffee cans.
- Divide batter among four prepared cans.
- Bake for 1 hour.
These cakes can be frozen. Just leave in the can, remove and cut what you need
and continue to store in can.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.