Bit-o-Honey Pumpkin Cake
with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5 (1.7-ounce) Bit-O-Honey Bars
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Pumpkin Bars: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch
pan with nonstick spray.
- Freeze the Bit-O-Honey Bars for 10 minutes.
- In the food processor, chop candy bars coarsely. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer, combine the oil and eggs,
and mix for 30 seconds on high.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and flour, and mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Fold in the chopped candy bars.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a
wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large mixing bowl using and electric
mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy (about
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cooled pumpkin bars. Cut
into 2 x 3-inch squares.
Yield: 18 to 20 pieces
Source: The Candy Bar Cookbook: Baking With America’s Favorite Candy by Alison
Inches and Ric McKown.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Candy Cake Recipes