Leprechaun Cookies 'n' Mint Cake
- 1 (7 ounce) Cookies 'n' Mint chocolate (HERSHEY'S), broken into pieces
- Few drops green food color (optional)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
- Cookies 'n' Mint Glaze (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Using food processor, chop candy bar pieces very finely; set aside in small
- Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package, using water, vegetable oil
and whole eggs.
- In small bowl, reserve 1 1/2 cups batter; stir into reserved chopped candy
- Into remaining vanilla batter, stir in food color, if desired. Pour into
- Drop chocolate batter by spoonsful into center of batter, about 1-inch in
from each side of tube.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan, inverting onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- Top with Cookies 'n' Mint Glaze, if desired.
- Cookies 'n' Mint Glaze: In small microwave-safe bowl, unwrap and
break 1 (7 ounce) HERSHEY'S Cookies 'n' Mint chocolate Bar into
pieces; add 1 teaspoon shortening (not butter, margarine or oil). Microwave
at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds. In necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15
seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chocolate is melted
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Recipe used with permission from the Hershey Kitchens.