Snickers Bar Cheesecake
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened, each 8-ounce block cut into sixths
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Snack-size Snickers bars
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind cookies into fine crumbs.
- Add butter and process until well blended.
- Press into bottom and about 1 inch up sides of a 9- or 10-inch springform
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer
on medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla extract and 1 cup of the cream; beat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups cut-up Snickers pieces.
- Turn into a crumb-lined pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 to 25 minutes, or until cheesecake is almost set
but center still jiggles slightly.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle remaining candy pieces over top of cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 4 to 5 hours before serving.
- Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen cake and remove springform side
- Just before serving, drizzle fudge topping over cake.
- Whip remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff and spoon a dollop over each slice.