Baked in a 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan, Tandy Cake is a yellow cake with a layer
of peanut butter and a hard chocolate glaze. This recipe takes a couple of hours
to make but it's worth it!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 x 15-inch
- Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on high speed
of an electric mixer until light and lemon-colored.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Microwave milk and butter about 2 minutes, or until it begins to bubble.
Stir into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center
of the cake comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, dollop peanut butter all over and spread evenly to the
- Refrigerate to set, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt chocolate and spread evenly over peanut butter
- Refrigerate to allow chocolate to harden.