Tootsie Roll Cheesecake
- 1 2/3 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Tootsie Rolls
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Lightly butter a 10-inch round, 2-inch deep cake pan (do not use springform
pan as the batter is too thin).
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of sugar and the butter; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar until smooth, scraping
sides of bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract, beating well until smooth.
- Melt Tootsie Rolls in top of a double boiler; stir in cream, then add to
cream cheese mixture, mixing well. Pour over crust.
- Place cake pan in another large, deep pan; pour water around cake pan to
a depth of about 1 1/2 inches.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for about 2 hours or until center is set and
a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool, then chill for several hours or overnight.
- To remove from pan, heat outside of pan slightly and cake will drop out.
Re-invert onto serving platter.
Yield: 16 servings