- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 6 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix breadcrumbs and the 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle mixture into pan,
turning to coat. Refrigerate.
- Dice about half of ham; reserve remaining slices. Mix diced ham with remaining
ingredients in blender or processor until smooth.
- Pour slightly more than half of filling into prepared pan. Top with reserved
ham slices in even layer. Cover with remaining filling. Set pan on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours.
- Turn oven off and cool cheesecake about 1 hour with door ajar.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack. Remove sides of pan. Cool to room temperature