Cool 'n' Creamy Tuna Cheesecake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can chunk-style tuna in oil (drained)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 cup Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform
pan with baking spray.
- Melt butter in saucepan over very low heat; add green pepper and onion and
sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, place dill weed, seasoned salt, black pepper, Cream
cheese and sour cream. Beat with electric mixer 1 minute until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in tuna and black olives.
- Using spatula, fold in shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Pour creamy batter into springform pan.
- Place pan onto cookie sheet and bake one hour.
- Remove from oven and cool for one hour.
- Run knife between cheesecake and pan to loosen; release sides.
- Place cheesecake in refrigerator to cool.
- When ready to serve, cut cheesecake into six wedges. Garnish with small
dollops of sour cream.
Yield: 6 servings
Complement your summer supper entrée with crusty bread and a fresh fruit
mixture such as melon balls, grapes, berries, bananas or whatever is in season.
Reprinted with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.