- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese with peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto bottom of a lightly greased
9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat all 19 ounces of cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer
for 3 minutes or until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in cheese, chiles and ground red pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Place on a bed of fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Gently run a knife around edge of pan to release sides, and let cool completely.
- Spread sour cream evenly over top; cover and chill.
- Arrange green pepper and remaining ingredients on top as desired.
Yield: one 9-inch cheesecake or 25 appetizer servings
Source: Casa Sedona Bed & Breakfast Inn, Sedona, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Cheesecake Recipes