Grilled Portobello and Roasted Garlic Cheesecake
- 1 (9-inch) disk focaccia bread
- 2 large portabello mushrooms
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic cloves, see below
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, optional topping
- Toasted pine nuts, optional topping
- Chopped basil, optional topping
- Grated fresh parmesan cheese, optional topping
- Roast garlic. Remove skins from 2-3 heads of garlic (enough to make 1/2
cup) and wrap cloves in tinfoil.
- Place in a 375 degrees F oven. Bake about 45 minutes.
- Remove when golden brown and smash into a paste. Set aside until ready to
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush focaccia with olive oil; season. Bake
- Don’t turn off oven. Place in bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Heat grill.
- Slice portabellos from top to bottom. Brush with olive oil, season and grill.
Place on inner rim of pan.
- Beat cream cheese with salt until smooth; add eggs and blend.
- In separate bowl, whisk sour cream and cornstarch. Add to cheese mixture;
fold well. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in garlic.
- Fill pan until 1/4 inch from top.
- Rap to knock out bubbles.
- Top with sliced tomato.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until firm, about 25 minutes.
Yield: 12 servings
Presentation options: Drizzle with balsamic vinegar syrup. Garnish plate with
toasted pine nuts, chopped basil and grated parmesan cheese.
For balsamic vinegar syrup, place 1 cup balsamic vinegar in pot over high heat
and cook until it reduces to the consistency of a fairly thick syrup, about 15 minutes.
Source: Southern California School of Culinary Arts
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Cheesecake Recipes