Piret's Montrachet Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (11 ounce) log Montrachet blanc goat cheese (at room temperature)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in butter and shortening until the mixture is the consistency of coarse
- Add 2 tablespoon ice water and toss to moisten the flour.
- Gather the pastry into a ball. If any flour doesn't adhere, sprinkle
with up to 1 tablespoon more water. Flatten into a 6-inch disk, wrap well and
refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll out chilled pastry to a thin round 14 inches in diameter. Place it
in an 11- to 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, fitting the pastry against
the sides and trimming any overhanging edges.
- Refrigerate the pastry-lined pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the pastry with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights
or dried beans.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden around the
- Remove weight and liner and bake for about 5 minutes longer, until the center
is dry. Leave the oven on.
- Beat together the Montrachet and cream cheeses until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, beat in the egg and blend in the rosemary.
- Fill the warm pie shell with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top.
- Return the pie to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until set.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut into thin wedges to serve.
Yield: 16 to 20 servings
This recipe is from Piret's, San Diego, California.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Cheesecake Recipes