This savory cheesecake has a tortilla chip crust, is flavored with chiles
and a Colby cheese blend and is topped with colorful vegetables.
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) KRAFT Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup chopped yellow or orange pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion slices
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or
to 300 degrees F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan).
- Mix crushed chips and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
until well blended.
- Add shredded cheese and chilies; mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Spread sour cream over cheesecake.
- Run small knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before
removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with remaining ingredients just before serving.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Reprinted with permission from