Spinach Pesto Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ground pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup
grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup coarsely
chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Garnish: pine nuts or walnut halves
- Combine breadcrumbs, ground pine nuts, the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and butter;
press on bottom and 1 inch up sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add spinach and next 5 ingredients.
Top with cover; process until smooth.
- With processor running, pour oil through the food chute in a steady stream
until mixture is blended.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add milk and spinach mixture, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour or until the cheesecake is almost set.
- Turn the oven off, and partially open the oven door. Leave cheesecake in
oven for 1 hour.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately. Or let the cheesecake cool completely
on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill.