Acapulco Margarita Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- Lime slices
- Fresh strawberries
- Combine pretzel crumbs and butter; firmly press on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up
sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes; set crust aside.
- Place strawberries in container of electric blender; process until smooth, stopping
once to scrape down sides. Reserve 1/2 cup puree.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually
add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir
in lime juice, tequila and liqueur. Pour into prepared pan; pour reserved strawberry
puree on top in a circle, and gently swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes (center will be soft).
- Remove from oven, and run knife around edge of pan to release sides. Return to
oven; turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan; cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 hours. (Do not cover with
- Garnish, if desired, with lime slices and fresh strawberries.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes