Almond Filled Cheesecake
- 6 tablespoons butter, well chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (8.5 ounce)
package chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 (12 ounce) can almond filling
- 24 ounces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 pints fresh strawberries,
sliced and sweetened
- Generously butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Finely crush chocolate cookies in food processor, using the pulse button.
in butter until mixture begins to gather together.
- Press crumbs into bottom of pan
and up sides to 3/4 inch from top; make sure there are no cracks.
- Refrigerate crust
for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake crust for 10 minutes, cool.
- Spread the crust with the almond filling.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Add eggs,
one at a time, beating well after each addition with electric mixer. Pour mixture
carefully over almond layer, then bake about 65 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 1 hour,
then refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Cut into slices, topping each serving with strawberries.
Yield: 12 servings
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes