Almond Joy Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafers
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil.
- Finely grind cookie crumbs, coconut, almonds and sugar in a food processor.
butter; process until moist crumbs form. Press mixture into bottom and up 1-inch
side of pan.
- Bake crust until set and begins to brown, about 12 minutes.
oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Mix in coconut and coconut extract.
- Fold in almonds.
- Transfer filling to crust.
- Bake until cake is puffed and no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and
- Cool completely on rack.
- Glaze: Combine chocolate chips, cream and vanilla extract in small saucepan.
Stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Cool until glaze begins to thicken but can
still be poured, about 30 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake; spread evenly. Chill