Amaretto Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- Granulated sugar, to taste
- In 9-inch microwavable quiche dish, shallow round baking dish or deep pie plate,
melt butter at HIGH (100% power) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in almonds and sugar until evenly coated with butter. Press into bottom and sides of dish.
- Microwave at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. If necessary rotate dish during cooking.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream, Amaretto or almond liqueur, vanilla extract and almond extract.
Beat until smooth.
- Pour into baked crust. Microwave uncovered at MEDIUM (50% power)
for 14 to 18 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set in center. Rotate dish partway
through cooking if necessary.
- Cool on countertop to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Sauce: Reserve some whole raspberries for garnish. Puree remaining raspberries.
Push through sieve to remove seeds.
- Stir 2 tablespoons Amaretto or almond liqueur into puree. Add sugar to taste.
- To serve, spoon some sauce onto dessert plates. Place slice of cheesecake on
sauce. Garnish with reserved berries.
If you prefer use 1 cup graham cracker crumbs with 1/2 cup finely chopped
almonds for the crust. Use a food processor and pulse to chop nuts to an even consistency
rather than a fine powder. Also you could substitute strawberries for the raspberries.
To omit liqueur, increase almond extract in the filling to 1 teaspoon and use just
a drop in the raspberry puree.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes