Amaretto-Irish Cream Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup blanched whole almonds, toasted and ground
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine first 4 ingredients; firmly press mixture evenly on bottom of a lightly
greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until light and
fluffy; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in whipping cream and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes; turn oven off, and leave in oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, the 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract; stir, and spoon over cake.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 cup almonds around edge.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Cool; chill.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.