Anne's Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake
This recipe is another family tradition; this pumpkin cheesecake always graces
our Thanksgiving table. This cheesecake is rather large, and incredibly rich. Everyone
always wants more than they can fit in their stomach! And the recipe!
- 6 ounces zwieback crackers, crushed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Blend zwieback crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and the 6 tablespoons melted butter. Press
firmly over bottom and up sides of a lightly buttered 9-inch spring-form pan. Chill.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the 3/4 cup sugar and the 3/4 cup brown sugar, beating until well mixed.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the pumpkin pie spice and the heavy cream at low speed.
- Mix in the pumpkin. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a slow oven (325 degrees F) for one hour and 35 minutes.
- While pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients (the last 3 ingredients), first
the butter and brown sugar until crumbly, then blending in the nuts.
- After the one hour and 35 minutes, remove the pie from the oven.
- Spread the topping over it, and return it to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
Serving suggestion: Some like this garnished with whipped cream and more walnuts,
or with whipped cream and pecans.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 5/17/02 6:51:17 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.