Apple Pie Cheesecake in a Ginger Crust
- 10 ounces dry gingersnap cookies
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- For the crust: Pulse cookies, sugar and melted butter in a food processor to
a uniform, mealy consistency. Press into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
Chill while making the filling.
- Filling: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the butter, apples and raisins.
Stir frequently for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar and spices. Transfer
the mixture to a bowl and add the cooked apples. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake until the center of the cheesecake registers
150 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 1 hour before releasing the pan's spring and removing
- Cool another hour, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Approximate values per serving: 815 calories, 46 g fat, 214 mg cholesterol,
14 g protein, 90 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 539 mg sodium, 50 percent calories
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes