Apple Pie Cheesecake in a Ginger Crust
- 10 ounces dry gingersnap cookies
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- Crust: Pulse cookies, sugar and melted butter in a food processor to
a uniform, mealy consistency. Press into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
Chill while making the filling.
- Filling: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the butter, apples and raisins.
Stir frequently for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar and spices. Transfer
the mixture to a bowl and add the cooked apples. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake until the center of the cheesecake registers
150 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 1 hour before releasing the pan's spring and removing
- Cool another hour, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Approximate values per serving: 815 calories, 46 g fat, 214 mg cholesterol,
14 g protein, 90 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 539 mg sodium, 50 percent calories
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.